- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in E&I design, working within an engineering office environment, with a special focus on Modular Buildings / E-House.
- Experience of projects within the Oil and Gas contracting industry is essential and construction site work a benefit. Must have a good knowledge of engineering / construction procedures, especially ADNOC /ADCO procedures / specifications and interfaces between all disciplines.
- Experience in Basic and Detailed E&I Engineering design for modular construction projects.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- The ability to successfully collaborate within a multi-cultural environment. The candidate will be able to work with flexibility, while maintaining high standards and quality work.
- Strong experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Good knowledge of the engineering process.
- Solid knowledge of E&I elements of the projects.
- Good knowledge of ADNOC / SHELL DEPs / IEC/ BS / NFPA / ATEX specifications, codes and standard, requirements and practices.
- Experience in preparation of Load list/schedule, Single Line Diagrams, Schematic/Logic Diagrams.
- Experience in lighting design, Cable sizing calculations, MCT Sizing, Short circuit current calculations.
- Experience in design of Motor control centers, Control panels, Distribution Boards.
- Familiarization with Hazardous Area classification and System design.
- Experience in Fire & Gas system detection and suppression.
- Experience in Public Address and General Alarm (PA/GA) and Telecom system.
- Experience in ATEX/IECEx Certification of Zone-1 and Zone-2 Pressurized rooms
- Experienced in Bid-evaluation and Estimation.
- Proficiency in the use of calculation/drafting software and specialist /standard software
- Strong knowledge of Construction Quality requirements and inspection methods as they relate to implementation of a design.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to attend to detail and work in a timeconscious and time-effective manner.
- Strong communication skills and good attitude.
- Ability to successfully collaborate within a multi-cultural environment.
- Able to work with flexibility, while maintaining high standards and quality work.
- Able to work independently while maintaining close contact at all times with his/her immediate supervisor.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in the use of drafting software and specialist /standard software.
Reports to: Project Engineering Manager / Project Manager
Functional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acting as Lead E&I Engineer.
- Acting as originator (or checker) and approver (where necessary) for all E&I engineering deliverables (philosophies, specifications, datasheets, calculations, drawings, layouts, studies, reports, etc), whilst following all operational procedures.
- Coordinating with all disciplines (as necessary) in the preparation and development of the deliverables and ensuring that other departments’ input is incorporated.
- Reviews associated system drawings, Basis of Design (BOD),
- Ensures equipment compliance with package electrical & instrument specifications, as well as applicable code requirements and national / international standards.
- Prepares enquiry requisitions.
- Evaluates bids & prepares technical bid evaluations & provides input to joint purchase recommendation. Prepares bid clarification questions and handles responses, and coordinates / chairs technical aspects of bid clarification meetings.
- Develop and updates datasheets and specifications for purchase.
- Reviews all vendor data, solicits specific input from affected disciplines, and returns comments on ‘coded’ documents within the allocated timeframe.
- Reports on work status/problem areas/needs on a weekly basis.
- Identify cost effective measures for value engineering, design optimization and to reduce the overall project costs.
- Perform/ coordinate design calculations for earthing, lightning protection, lighting, relay settings etc
- Preparation of equipment and material Specifications and Data sheets, Inquiry Requisitions to vendors; participate in the technical evaluation of vendor bid offers
- Coordinate preparation of Equipment Layouts, Cable Routing Drawings, Cable Tray Layout Drawings, Lighting System Layout and details, Earthing/Lightning protection Layout and details, Heat Tracing Layout and details, Installation Standard Drawings, Cable Schedules, Interconnection Schedules, Relay Coordination Drawings and other required documents
- Organize the preparation of Technical Document Register (TDR); identify and quantify total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation, format of delivery, time schedules and other requirements for execution of the work.
- Keep track of design change due to client comments or vendor changes and prepare the change order requests.
- Inter-Discipline Checks (IDCs) coordination with other engineering discipline
- Carry out coordination during construction phase. Provide clarification and guidance and technical support to construction sites and commissioning engineers, provide start-up assistance as required
- Preparation of purchase specifications, RFQ as per relevant specification and design requirement. Ensure equipment meet client specifications and are within budgeted costs.
- Review of Electrical/instrumentation Vendor submittals. Ensure materials are obtained within scheduled timeframes and budgeted costs
- Preparation of Cause & Effect Matrix related Fire & Gas Detection & Suppression System.
- Preparation of standard Electrical & Instrumentation design basis for Zone-1 and Zone-2 certified pressurized modules.
- Conduct internal staff meetings, ensure the progress of project in accordance to schedule, allotted man hours and budgeted costs.
- Interface with client representatives and vendors to resolve client comments/Technical clarifications/ Deviations
- To identify areas of concern and subsequent recovery action.
- Meets with customer / subcontractors / vendors when required to discuss engineering related concerns / issues.
- Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Permanent role