Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
The Company has established its commitment to equal opportunity in employment and its programs. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and potential candidates all employment decisions at the Company will be based on merit, qualifications, previous experience and abilities.
This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, marital status, political affiliation or any other characteristic.
- All policy-development activities of the Company including those associated with employment practices shall be designed so that existing and potential employees are able to compete for, or be awarded, employment, promotions, transfers, training and other employment related benefits on their merits without reference to irrelevant characteristics
- The Company programs and activities shall be conducted in a manner free of discrimination.
- The use of any Company resources shall be undertaken in a non-discriminatory manner.
Managers are responsible for:
- ensuring that the EOE principles are applied in the workplace.
- ensuring all decisions relating to appointment, promotion and career development are made without regard to any matters other than the individual’s natural ability to carry out the job.
- providing an environment which encourages equal employment opportunities and setting an example by their own behaviour.
Employees are responsible for:
- complying with the terms of the EOE policy.
- treating all colleagues and customers with respect and professionalism without regard to non-relevant criteria or differences.
- promptly informing their manager if there has been a (potential) breach of the EOE policy.
It is the Company policy to conduct all of its business in an honest and ethical manner. The Company takes zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption. The Company is committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all its dealings wherever it operates. The Company is also committed to implementing and enforcing effective laws in UAE that incriminates the acceptance or paying of bribes.
Under this policy, the bribe involves:
- accepting or soliciting a gift, favor or service that is intended to, or might appear to, influence the employee’s decision-making or professional conduct.
- accepting, agreeing to accept, or soliciting money or other tangible or intangible benefits in exchange for the employee’s favorable decisions or actions in the performance of their job.
This policy applies to all employees at all levels, including senior managers, directors, employees (whether permanent, fixed-term or temporary), consultants, contractors, and any other person providing services to the Company.
- The Company shall investigate all suspected or reported cases of bribery. If an official investigation confirms that an employee has paid, received or asked for a bribe, they shall be subjected to the appropriate disciplinary actions.
- This policy does not prohibit giving and receiving promotional gifts of low value and normal and appropriate hospitality.
- Giving gifts to an external party can only be in the name of the Company or its subsidiaries and would be exclusively done by the unit it designates.
- The Management will regularly review the effectiveness of this policy. Internal control systems and procedures will be subject to audit under the internal audit process.
- Where the investigation and audit by valid evidences concluded the confirmation of any employee breaching this policy, the Company will pursue dismissal as part of the disciplinary action or other legal action if it finds evidence of bribery or abuse may have occurred.
- A copy of the policy will form part of new employees’ induction packs.