Profile Middle East is a service provider with more than 20 years of experience in the market which specializes in Technical Field and HR Consultancy Services in the Industrial Sector (Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning) with our focus on the Middle East region and a worldwide presence.
We are currently selecting for SENIOR CONTRACT ENGINEER
Ref code: CR_ 2209-100_SENIOR CONTRACT ENGINEER
The SENIOR CONTRACT ENGINEER we are currently looking for must have a very good understanding of the client’s contractual system. His/ her main role is to analyze and manage the contract terms, during the contract execution phase, exploring contractual solutions and alternatives to minimize risks and optimize opportunities. He/ she should demonstrate the ability in driving the entire contractual process by being a key point in addressing and resolving issues during the negotiation and execution phases.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Engineering. An accredited professional management qualification in Business Administration would be an advantage
- At least 10+ years of relevant experience in contract management in high-value Oil and Gas Projects
- Effective communications skills at all business levels to maintain a good professional relationship between clients, PMC and contractors.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Manage and coordinate contract management activities ensuring that all aspects of the contract during the negotiation and execution phase are correctly addressed
- Manage the resources involved in contract management activities, develop relevant professional competencies and identify project staffing needs
- Supervise the application of the Client’s guidelines and standards relevant to contract management
- Provide all necessary reports regarding contract management matters to the corporate/ company/ project management
- Ensure collection and sharing of lessons learned, feedbacks, returns of experience on issues/ criticalities encountered during contract management activities
- Ensure, for the area of its remit, application of the industrial risk management methodology
- Recover bid contractual summary, any legal analyses and other support documentation prepared during tender phase
- Verify the completeness of contract documents (consistency check), supervise their distribution to project team members and regularly execute contract induction meetings
- Assist the Project Manager in developing the contract management execution strategy and ensure change process on the project, including appropriate claim management actions
- Ensure that all project specific contracts for goods, services or subcontracts are drafted incorporating contractual obligations and assisting the Project Manager in identifying critical packages (subcontractors and vendors) requiring special monitoring of contract risks
- Participate in the periodical project budget review meetings
- Review regulatory requirement
- Review, update and complete all partner agreements according to contract/project development
- Coordinate the contractual documentation filling
- Ensure the contribution to the Legal function for the management of preliminary activities of litigations
Location: Doha, Qatar
Contract duration: Permanent
Starting date: ASAP
Working schedule: 9 hrs/ 5 days
Salary range: NA
Profile Middle East is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, or any other basis covered under applicable law.