Under the coordination of the Master is in possession of Chief Engineer qualification (STCW III/2) and with relevant experience, in principle identified under ‘Chief Engineer’
The specific mission of Chief Engineer Advisor is exemplified here below:
– Support and advise, as required, the Chief Engineer with regard to safe and efficient operation and maintenance of vessel equipment and machinery according to International conventions and regulations, Flag State requirements, Class requirements, local requirements and regulations and Company policies.
The main tasks of the Shipboard Chief Engineer Advisor are reported here below:
– Support and advise, as required, the Chief Engineer in order to ensure safe operation of the engine room and appropriate maintenance of machinery on board the vessel, ensure that crew and all technical staff is trained and aware of Company requirements, latest industry codes, Class and Flag State requirements and standards.
– Support and advise, as required, the Chief Engineer to ensure and monitor that all workspace technical and maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with Company policies and Vessel Management System, propose to review the operation manual depending on changes to equipment or standard operating procedures and monitor that unsafe act/conditions and other matters with implications for safe operation, marine environment and navigability are reported to the Master in compliance with HSES procedures.
– Support and advise, as required, the Chief Engineer in the determination of the volume of oil, fuel and lube required for each voyage ensuring that efficient and timely ordering of adequate resources and spares has been done; advise the Chief Engineer with regard to Oil Record Book and Engine Log Book keeping; support and advise the Chief Engineer in order to ensure that DP engine room operations, where required, are carried out as per Company procedures.
– Support and advise, as required, the Chief Engineer in relation to the management of written instructions to all watch-keeping engineers, monthly technical report, records of periodical and emergency maintenances performed, vessel technical library and equipment user manual; assist the Chief Engineer in order to ensure that permit to work system and relevant isolation procedures are understood and observed by all technical staff.
– Support and advise, as required, the Chief Engineer in relation to communication of work status at end of shift and issuance of handover report.
– Support and advise, as required, the Chief Engineer in relation to the issuance of working/maintenance instructions for vessel equipment to maintenance and engine room crew, request assistance from Company as may be necessary.
– Support and advise, as required, the Chief Engineer in relation to assignment of special duties to the crew and issuance of standing orders to watch-keeping engine room personnel.
– Support and advise, as required, the Chief Engineer on the actions to avoid pollution to the marine environment.
– Act as client rep leader in the client audit.
– Report to onshore technical and operational team any deficiency in due time with proper format.
– Suggest to onshore technical and operational team any improvement of the ship with aim of increasing reliability and/or safety and/or efficiency.
Candidate with the below characteristics will be preferred to others
– Experience as a quality insurance assessor on DP3 heavy lift ships.
– Experience as Marine Warranty Surveyor on DP3 construction ships.
– Experience as Marine Lifting Authorities.
– Experience with the tensioning system and laying of flexible and rigid pipes.
– Experience in Shipyard as commissioning manager
Minimum Required Seniority
– At least 3 years experience in the construction and commissioning of DP3 ship as Client Technical Rep.
Location: UAE (1st phase in Sharjah, 2nd phase in Abu Dhabi)
Duration: 12 months (with rotation or resident status)
Starting Date: ASAP