Duties and Responsibilities
– He reports to the Construction Manager.
– Field Engineering is the logical continuation of engineering activities carried out at Home
– He is responsible for the checking and the correct management of the Project documentation, of the amendments and/or additions to the same.
– He cooperates with the Site Manager and the Construction Manager in verifying the feasibility of the construction schedule on the ground of the actual availability at Site of technical documentation and materials.
– He ensures any addition or change to the technical documents according to Field requirements and he is responsible for reviewing of site technical queries, including field sketches and modifications to any project engineering drawings, as required.
– He executes, in coordination with Contractor Home Office, any modifications and additions to Project documents, providing for final “as-built” revision of the same.
– To ensure the recording, filing, reproduction, proper distribution and control of Plant
– Provide assistance to Construction Management/Supervision Group for Project system
definitions and turnover/hand over documentation at Project completion phase.
– To ensure inspection, as required to support the QA-QC group.
– Review, as required, construction method statements.
– To co-ordinate the engineering activities awarded to Subcontractors.
– To prepare his own section of the Monthly report.
– FIE leads a dedicated group of Discipline Engineers to perform Site Engineering: this group will provide clarifications of engineering documents to SUBCONTRACTOR, corrections of mistakes that invariably are found during the Construction phase and ensure timely availability and management of drawings to support the construction effort
Qualifications & Experience
– Background in Civil Discipline.
– Minimum of 5 years discipline experience in a supervisory capacity in civil construction.
– Experience in onshore and / or in big infrastructures construction.
– Experience on international site construction (Middle East – Gulf Area is preferred).
Location: Doha, Qatar
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
Working Hours: 9 hours per day, 5 days per week
Starting date: 1st October 2021