Profile Middle East is a service provider with more than 20 years of experience in the market which specializes in Technical Field and HR Consultancy Services in the Industrial Sector (Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning) with our focus on the Middle East region and a worldwide presence.
We are currently selecting for COMMISSIONING ENGINEER
Ref code: CR_2305-143_Commissioning Engineer
Responsible for the hot start up and site management of the furnace relating to a continuous galvanizing (CGL) line. This position is the lead person on site with the responsibility of managing the onsite commissioning team and customers’ personnel, during the final and most critical phase of the project execution.
Education and Experience
- 5- 10 years’ experience in mechanical or process design (industrial background preferred, but not required);
- Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of Engineering to the successful completion of complex assignments;
- Display a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems;
- Be able to provide technical, process know-how for aspects of the metals industry to successfully execute projects;
- A working knowledge of CGL furnaces is strongly preferable. Similar production environment experience will be considered, and training can be provided;
- Ability to analyze data and debug complex systems;
- Knowledge of industrial furnace processes;
- Experience with IBA PDA (or equivalent data acquisition/analysis system).
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Reporting directly to Project Manager and working in conjunction with our Project Engineering, and Electric & Automation teams to ensure an effective and on time start and conclusion to the commissioning, finalizing acceptance by the customer;
- The Commissioning Engineer’s goal is a quick and effective start, with a rapid ramp up in production culminating in final acceptance of the plant by the customer in accordance with the contractual conditions and performance tests associated with the project;
- This position demands a mix of both hands on and theoretical engineering skills, critical thinking skills, excellent people management and the ability to motivate individuals to get the best out of them in a sometimes-high pressure, high stress environment.
This position includes but not limited to:
- Adhering to company operating procedures;
- Liaising with mechanical and electrical colleagues, partners and customers to meet the project requirements;
- Assisting with the development of the project schedule and assignment of project tasks.
Lead and execute the project furnace commissioning in coordination with the project manager ensuring that established timescales and project requirements are met, according to the appropriate safety standards. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Formulating the hot commissioning schedule based upon the contractual requirements and execute to the schedule as practically possible;
- Establishing the contractual training requirement and train the customers personnel as needed;
- Managing a multidisciplined on site team and customer to work through the commissioning phase of the plant, to production trials and then final acceptance tests;
- Reporting progress weekly and or daily if required;
- Communicating and work with mechanical engineering, E&A, project management as required to overcome problems during commissioning and or startup with equipment and processes;
- Submitting non-conformance reports to the project management team as required;
- Maintaining production records during the start-up;
- Developing the Final acceptance plan between project management and the customers’ team.
Location: Hazira, Gujarat, India;
Contract duration: 6 months;
Starting date: July 2023;
Working schedule: 8 hours x 6 days;
Salary range: N/A.
Profile Middle East is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, or any other basis covered under applicable law.