Profile Middle East is a service provider with more than 20 years of experience in the market which specializes in Technical Field and HR Consultancy Services in the Industrial Sector (Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning) with our focus on the Middle East region and a worldwide presence.
We are currently selecting for COMMISSIONING MANAGER.
Ref code: CR_2310-122_ Commissioning Manager.
- Entire responsibility for the commissioning, completion, start-up, performance testing and hand-over of the Project in full compliance with Client’s needs and specifications, HSES standards as well as NPCC manuals, procedures and guidelines;
- Lead the teams to strategize, prepare, plan and execute the scope above;
- Coordinate with all stakeholders (Client, Project Management, Construction management, Vendors, Subcontractors and Third Parties) for the expedient and safe delivery of the scope above;
- Responsible for the schedule and budget of the scope above.
- In depth knowledge of the Contract Scope Of Work and familiarization with Client requirements and specifications;
- Set the strategy of execution of the Commissioning activities and draft the Project Commissioning Execution Plan;
- Ensure the management of commissioning and start-up preparation home office activities, coordinating with all project disciplines as needed;
- Assess the scope of work involved with respect to the commissioning and discuss the resources requirement with the function, define clearly the needs and plan them. Anticipate any possible constraints in the execution of the same;
- Develop the commissioning detailed schedule covering the scope of commissioning activities, logic, duration, resources and constraints. Prioritize system completion requirements so that it drive the construction completion;
- Provide guidance to the Commissioning Engineers in analyzing the scope as per contract and battery limit/guarantees as well as ensure the preparation of procedures for systematic and sequential pre commissioning/commissioning/start-up of plant;
- Analyze the plant commissioning, assess the requirements of special tools /temporary facilities/equipment required for pre commissioning and commissioning, prepare Equipment/Tools list and initiate procurement;
- Ensure the Issuance of Commissioning related deliverables in the required quality and timeline for the Project execution;
- Supervise planning, Progress monitoring, cost control and coordination with Client;
- Review and define the licensors/vendors schedule and assignment, concerning the pre-commissioning, start-up and test run activities;
- Define the Commissioning organization chart, work force requirement to deliver the commissioning schedule in close coordination with Human Capital and other departments;
- Ensure that all safety and precautionary requirements and procedures are followed during the commissioning process;
- Hold regular review meetings with the client on issues such as HSE conformance and commissioning progress as well as meetings with the vendors to resolve any problem;
- Provide technical as well as manpower support to client during initial operations as required by contract project terms;
- Hand over the plant to client in line with the commissioning schedules and client requirements;
- Set the KPIs during the entire project commissioning activities and monitor the performance;
- Review the test run procedures and operating manuals prepared by the project process Leaders;
- Ensure the transfer of the lesson learned to the home office;
- Prepare and implement commissioning safety procedure such as LOTO, PTW, control of blinds etc;
- Responsible for conducting safely and successfully plant SAT and performance testing;
- Enforce commissioning PTW system and commissioning controlled areas;
- Identify requirements and scope of work, review specifications, drawings and other documents of the project and establish applicability to the scope of work;
- Attend and provide input at P&ID review, HAZOP & HAZID review, spare parts order, specialist services and 3D model review;
- Lead subcontractors for the safe execution of Pre-Commissioning & Commissioning activities in line with the schedule;
- Responsible to discuss and get the approval of Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Operations procedures from clients;
- Lead the internal coordination meeting. Ensure the progress of project in accordance to project schedule;
- Provide necessary inputs to commissioning proposals at the tendering stage;
- Physical presence on the field to guarantee the quality and progress of the work;
- Identify system/sub-system priorities and guide construction to follow the same;
- Track & record contractual deviations by client/sub-contractor for claims;
- Prepare integrated schedule with construction activities to manage the transition period;
- Constantly monitor to identify and communicate to Construction team on any priority areas of work to accomplish smooth commissioning activities;
- Inspect and ensure all construction activities are completed prior to taking up the system for commissioning and ensure the setting up of safety procedures for the same;
- Review and approve system/sub-system limits and turnover philosophy;
- Review reports generated by Commissioning Engineers and provide support and technical guidance as and when required;
- Review and implement the changes if any of the Project commissioning scope of work;
- Ensure Inter-discipline integration of activities required for smooth Project execution;
- Ensure Completion Solution Database preparation for implementing the Progress Monitoring System;
- Reports in a clear manner on work progress, flagging potential problems or delays, recommend solutions and initiate corrective measures;
- Plan and Monitor all Vendors activities in line with agreed budget and schedule;
- Deliver any other assignment and/or duties as and when required by hierarchy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field;
- 15+ years of experience in Oil & Gas Projects with a Minimum of 8 years in Lead on EPC projects;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to interface with Client, subcontractors and Vendor;
- Previous experience in leading a Multi-discipline Commissioning Team;
- Good understanding of EPC project execution on EPC projects;
- Good understanding of various Engineering disciplines;
- Good Management skills;
- Able to manage and control project completions team and systems;
- Ability to review contractual documents and identify project requirements, constraints and risks;
- Ability to control execution cost and resources within budgeted cost;
- Ability to lead a team of engineers/supervisors for the execution of Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and start-up activities;
- Able to lead a team of operations personnel and safely operate a plant.
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE;
- Contract Duration: Long-term;
- Working schedule: 9 hours x 5 days;
- Starting date: November 2023.
Profile Middle East is an equal opportunity employer. All nationalities, including migrants willing to relocate, are encouraged to apply. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, or any other basis covered under applicable law.