Profile Middle East is a service provider with more than 20 years of experience in the market which specializes in Technical Field and HR Consultancy Services in the Industrial Sector (Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning) with our focus on the Middle East region and a worldwide presence.
We are currently selecting for COMMISSIONING MANAGER
Ref code: CR_2304-100a_Commissioning Manager
- Ensure the execution of the head office activities concerning pre-commissioning, commissioning, start up, test run and handing over of the plant to the Client according to contractual requirements and project objectives in terms of safety, quality, budget, and schedule;
- Manage site activities such as commissioning and start up. Ensure compliance of the activities for which is responsible with the established process and HSE requirements, while respecting the relative time and cost target.
Education and Experience
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineering;
- 25+ years of experience in Oil & Gas field on Refinery Technologies;
- 15+ years of experience as Commissioning Manager with a minimum of 5 project;
- Working in Task Force coordinating with the project team, different companies of JVs and the Client;
- Technical knowledge of refinery start-up preparation, start-up and operation activities;
- Proven technical knowledge with sequences and activities of preparation for commissioning, start-up and operation of the following Units:
– RHCU / HCU Units licensed by Chevron Lummus Global;
– SDA Unit licensed by Amec Foster Wheeler;
– ERU / SNOx Units licensed by Haldor Topsoe;
– Refinery’s Auxiliary Systems (Instrument Air, Nitrogen, Water Treatment, Potable & Demi Water, HP-MP-LP Steam, Fuel Gas, Fuel Oil, etc.).
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Ensure the management of commissioning and start up preparation home office activities, coordinating with all project disciplines as needed;
- Review contractual documentation. Identify the project requirements and constraints and participate in risk and opportunity sessions;
- Take part in project planning and scheduling. Prepare and keep up to date the pre commissioning, commissioning startup and test run execution plans, procedures, and integrated schedule, including the mobilization of personnel and the temporary logistic required to comply with the project scope of work;
- Define commissioning Systems and hand over priorities;
- Ensure the respect of the budget during the home office activity, as well as at site. Elaborate tools and method of control;
- Ensure the issue of work progress reports for the part he is responsible for. Ensure the verification of the KPI during the entire Project activity;
- Take part in the project meetings and review meetings to make sure that the commissioning requirements have been duly complied with;
- Review the test run (performance test) procedures and operating manuals prepared by the project process leaders;
- Participate in HAZOP reviews were deemed necessary;
- Review the 3D Model for compliance with the pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup requirements and for accessibility and operability;
- Review and / or define the Licensors / Vendors schedule and assignment, concerning the pre – commissioning, commissioning, start up, and test run activities;
- Define and review the commissioning tools, temporary equipment, specialized sub-contracts, spare parts, first fills and consumables;
- Liaise with Procurement for all commercial aspects;
- Ensure at site, the management of commissioning and start up activities, coordinating the activities carried out by the Client, Contractors, Suppliers, and third parties, availing with the assistance of Construction Manager, if deemed necessary;
- Ensure the mobilization of manpower and resources of all natures and sources, and allocate such resources to the commissioning and completion teams;
- Assist the Construction Manager in the phases of completion of construction and pre-commissioning;
- Coordinate the handover to Commissioning in accordance with the priorities;
- Support the HSE Manager for the aspects falling within his area of responsibility and for the preparation of the general HSE Plan. Promote and ensure the application of the HSE Manual for the activities falling into his sphere of responsibility;
- Approve work permits in Commissioning Controlled Areas;
- Organize, jointly with the HSE Manager, the pre-startup Safety reviews;
- Organize and performs the contractual test runs;
- Assist the Site Manager in the plant hand over activities;
- Ensure the transfer of the Lesson Learned to the home office.
Location: Sriracha Refinery, Thailand;
Contract duration: 1 year;
Starting date: ASAP;
Working schedule: 10 hours x 6 days;
Salary range: N/A.
Profile Middle East is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, or any other basis covered under applicable law.