- The role of HSE Officer is to instruct and supervises safety issues in all activities on site. Supervise team at site regarding the safety issues. Responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing company’s employee safety at work. Their main duty is to ensure that the company is in compliance and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Submitting regular reports on HSSE performance.
- Conducting Hazard Identification reviews with Project HSSE representatives and CLIENT Representatives.
- Maintaining an effective incident/accident recording system, including the evaluation of all incident/accident reports.
- Briefing and educating crews on the dangers of working in an H2S environment.
- Ensure crews have adequate training on breathing air equipment.
- Development and effective implementation for emergency response plans and drills including evacuation, fire, oil spill, H2S, search and rescue and any other required plan or incident scenarios.
- Setting up and monitoring of gas detection equipment.
- Testing the environment for the presence of H2S gas. Ensure all personnel working in EPF area have individual H2S monitor.
- Ensure that the crews having Self Contained Breathing Apparatus and/or Supplied Air Breathing Apparatus/ Emergency Escape Breathing Apparatus to use in case of emergency scenario.
- Actively Participates in Toolbox/Pre-Job Meetings. Performs onsite hazard/risk assessments & assist on JSA.
- Application of CONTRACTOR & Client HSSE Procedures and Regulations. Identify potential hazards on work activities before work commences.
- Carrying out and analysis of information on injuries, damage, and production loss, assess accident surveys and inspections on a regular basis to ensure that safe working practices are in operation.
- Reviewing any corrective actions recommended eliminating or minimizing incident causes. Supervising the recording trends and reviewing overall safety performances.
- Assisting in the training of employees to promote awareness of incident prevention and damage control.
- Coordinating incident/accident response including first aid, rescue, evacuation, investigation and reporting.
- BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred High Diploma or equivalent company experience
- Minimum five years experiences in the same service as Safety Officer NEBOSH/IGC certified. Working experience in desert oilfield and high temperature exposure
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Operational Efficiency, Communication Skills, Customer Centricity, Self-Starter (Initiative)
Project location: Habshan (H2S area)
Contract duration: 18 months + possible extension
Rotation: 35 days on / 35 days off (off rotation paid)
Working schedule: 12 hours a day / 7 days a week (2.5 week day and 2.5 week night shift)
Food, accommodation, transportation: Provided at site
Air ticket: Provided for each rotation