Work Location: Ruwais Site Based, Abu Dhabi
Working schedule: 10 hours a day / 6 days a week
Leave: Every 4 months 12 days leave + 2 travel days with Air ticket to home country
- Assist the Site Manager in the management and execution of Project HSE Plan.
- Provide support and over all supervision to implement Project HSE Plan
- Shall coordinate the monthly HSE Tour and HSE Meeting
- Interface between clients, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders.
- Conduct regular SITE inspections and prepare reports for Site Manager for corrective actions
- Prepare and disseminate monthly HSE and Process safety report and cascade down to last level.
- Check and advice on each work plan or procedures for HSE prior to Work Commencement.
- Coordinate with Government Authorities, especially Ministry of Labor on matter pertaining to Legal HSE requirement.
- Participate in HSE workshop and client meeting
- Coordinate with company HSE Section on matters regarding HSE
- Liase with Subcontractor HSE manager on matters regarding the health and safety of all workers under SUBCONTRACTORS
- Mobilize resources for site HSE and Emergency response
- Act in the capacity of secretary to HSE Committee
- Provide advice, guidance such as may be needed in accident prevention
- Investigate all incidents and accidents and submit reports complete with remedial actions to HSE team of head office through Site Manager for corrective action including establishing the “Root Causes of the Accident”
- Investigate all near miss incidents and review TRA, JHA etc.
Ensure that HSE Supervisors conduct their HSE Activities
- If HSE violations are determined high risk then stop the work as necessary.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree preferably in Engineering or Science from a reputed University
- Minimum of the following:
- NEBOSH GC/IGC
- Diploma in Safety/HSE
- Any other HSE Certifications Desired
- Lead Auditor ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001 or equivalent
- Other HSE Trainings / Certifications will be added advantage
- Minimum 12-15 years of experience out of which at least 5 years in managing and ensuring the implementation of HSE and welfare requirements in Oil & Gas industry
- At least should have served for a period of minimum 2 years as HSE Manager in his previous experience. Based on the project complexity and size, number of year of experience may be relaxed by the Group company.
Skills and knowledge:
- Able to lead a team of HSE professionals such as HSE Engineers, Sr. HSE Officers, HSE officers etc.
- Sound understanding of the HSE Management System and HSE legislative requirements
- Broad knowledge and experience in risk assessments and audit processes
- Able to develop and implement annual HSE Plans
- Competency in PTW system and gas testing
- Awareness in H2S and Breathing Apparatus
- Ability to analyze incidents and apply root cause analysis techniques\
- Ability to develop Emergency response procedures/plans
- Effective interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills.