Profile Middle East is a service provider with more than 20 years of experience in the market which specializes in Technical Field and HR Consultancy Services in the Industrial Sector (Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning) with our focus on the Middle East region and a worldwide presence.
We are currently selecting for LEAD PIPING DESIGN ENGINEER
Ref code: CR_2310-154_Lead Piping Design Engineer
Responsible for the production/review of Piping deliverables such as Study Reports, Design Calculations, Stress Analysis Reports, PMS and Piping Material/Fabrication Specifications/Procedures, Material Requisitions and Technical Bid Evaluations.
- Effectively managing design changes and provide appropriate solutions as and when needed during the Project execution;
- Understanding clients needs, identifying, and addressing design parameters and problems, and developing and implementing solutions;
- Ensuring recognized onshore engineering practices applicable to piping design and topside/plant layouts are adopted;
- Responsible for the review of Piping drawings including 3D Models, Drawings (Layouts, Plot Plans, GADs, Isometrics) and Piping MTOs;
- Responsible for conducting Plot Plans, Safety Layouts, and 3D Model Reviews as per the Project requirements;
- Participating during key project reviews, plot plan reviews, Hazop / SIL reviews, constructability reviews and Design/model review meetings;
- Working independently with minimum guidance, and coordinating well with the piping materials, Stress and Layout engineers/designers besides other disciplines;
- Performing Inter-discipline & discipline QA/QC and engineering compliance checks on all work performed by themselves or junior engineers within the group;
- Assisting the Engineering Manager and the Project Engineers with technical coordination of interfaces and identification of potential deviations or discrepancies;
- Application of Piping Codes including ASME B31.3/B31.1, BS EN 13480;
- Application and selection of Piping Materials;
- Application of Material and Piping Component Codes ASTM, API, BS, MSS SP;
- Exposure to Piping Layouts and review of piping deliverables such as Piping Plots, Piping Nozzle orientation Drawings, General Arrangement Drawings, Isometrics and material lists;
- Wall thickness, pipe stress and flexibility analysis calculation;
- Designing pipe supports specifications;
- Leading and supervising a team of Piping Engineers and Designers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- 15+ years of experience with different stages of Projects (Concept, FEED and Detailed Design) of large-sized Oil & Gas Onshore projects;
- Experience in Piping Engineering (Layout Design, Piping Materials and Stress Engineering) of Onshore Processing / Refinery Plants;
- Experience in softwares such as 3D Design (AVEVA, Smart Plant, etc.) and CAESAR II/Auto Pipe for Stress Analysis;
- Fluent level of written and spoken English.
- Contract Duration: Long-term
- Working schedule: 9 hours x 5 days;
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE;
- Starting date: November 2023.
Profile Middle East is an equal opportunity employer. All nationalities, including migrants willing to relocate, are encouraged to apply. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, or any other basis covered under applicable law.