Function: Process Control design and Operations automation
Education: Graduate / Post Graduate in Chemical or Instrumentation Engineering (with process control background)
Professional Experience: Total experience of 15+ years. Minimum 8 ~ 10 years of experience in the area of process control / Operations for Upstream Oil & Gas projects execution. Experience with operating company for Process Control, operations, Automation and optimization.
- Internal to organization: Reporting to Engineering Manager
- External to organization: None
- Prime Responsibilities: (Main Automation Contractor) MAC Specialist
- Shared cross-functionally: Interface engineering with Instrumentation, Process, Electrical, Rotary and Commissioning/ operations.
Scope of deliverables / Activities :
- Review the MAC specifications, suggest/ recommend improvements on schemes to meet the Company requirement of a fully automated plant operation on single push button.
- Review Requisitions, offers from MAC vendors and bring out the gaps in specifications, offer in meeting customer requirements and highlight area which could lead to change orders / potential risk of delay and implementation issues (particularly on interface to meet fully automated plant and in various software solutions).
- Shall have a thorough knowledge on various Maintenance and operation solution software like Performance monitoring System, Maintenance management system, Asset management system for instruments as well as equipment including rotary and static equipment.
- Shall be able to suggest various performance parameters for operation/ efficiency/ maintenance of all the equipment in the project, which need to be configured into the software solution, for auto generation of work orders through SAP.
- Study PFD / P&ID and suggest/ recommend changes to meet the total automation requirements. Provide sequence for all modes of operation / recommend improvements in operating sequences based on past experience, to provide as input to MAC vendor to achieve various Automation Modes (Full automation / Partial Automation / Manual operation mode). Also identify all the instruments, controls, equipment and other services to be associated or dis-associated during these modes along with reasons/ justifications.
- Recommend list of KPIs that could be configured in the Asset Management System, based on past Operation experience for proposing to Company.
- Recommend/ suggest checkpoints to verify/ ensure interfaces with packages, Telecom / CCTV / Security system from operational perspective towards operator less total Automated operation of the plant.
- Identify and list down various risks or limitations to be brainstormed, that could form potential threat to meet the full automation of the plant from production as well as safety aspects. And suggest alternative solutions.
- Participate in workshops with Company to propose/ suggest various options to meet Operator less automation of the plant.
- Participate in various discussions within Project team with other functional departments (Process/ electrical/ Equipment/ package) to work out various solutions to meet the automation requirements.
- Participate along with Project team, MAC vendors in Pre-order discussion with Company.
- Shall have a thorough knowledge and experience in driving all the other functional interface departments, equipment, packages, assets etc (Process control, Multiphase pumps, Instrument air compressor, water injection pumps, Operation of choke valves, wellhead control panel, leak detection system etc) in achieving the full automation.
- Thorough knowledge on maintenance aspects of all the instrument items for feeding input and review the proposed solutions from MAC vendor.
Key competencies – Functional
Need to Have:
Shall possess experience in following areas:
- Thorough knowledge on various Instrumentation, control, automation, critical equipment and instrument items in upstream onshore oil and gas plants (Choke valve, Wellhead Control Panel, Multi phase flowmeter, Multi port valves etc)
- Operational knowledge of upstream oil and gas plants. (onshore oil and gas plants containing Producer/Injection wells, flowlines, flowmeters, manifolds, separators, and related instrumentation, controls, equipment etc)
- Exposure to various System automation software related to Production Management (Hydrocarbon Accounting), Performance Monitoring System, OTS, APC, Asset Monitoring / Asset Performance Monitoring System for instruments and equipment, Alarm Management System, Plant Information Management System, Network security / Cyber security, Corrosion Management System,
- Experience in preparing/ reviewing Cause and Effect diagrams, Control and Safeguarding system philosophy, and narratives and exposure to Basic and Advance Process Control design
- Exposure to Process Control Concepts and design
- Experience of working/ design involvement in at least one plant with full automation of the process and operation involving onshore upstream wellhead to separator.
In-depth knowledge of basic process, operations and control system design documents (viz. PFD, P&ID, Control and safeguarding narratives, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Safeguarding memorandum, operating instructions/ manual, pre-commissioning / commissioning procedures, etc) is must. Should atleast have completed 3 project execution cycles as process control engineer / Operations expert
- Location: UAE