DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The specialty of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition requires the high expertise of a Telecom Engineer skilled also in the following associated specific control disciplines of APC (advanced process control), DCS (distributed control system), PLC (programmable logic controllers) that refer to ICS / Industrial control systems used in O&G industrial processes, production, refining, power generation, and infrastructure processes, waste water treatment, water treatment, gas pipelines etc.
- Since SCADA refers to the centralized Systems that control and monitor the entire sites, or those are the complex systems spread out over large areas, the Telecom Engineer is responsible to design the layouts and wiring diagrams.
- He will develop and document SCADA and PLC programs, configure desktop and server PC hardware and OS, design and integrate wired and wireless Ethernet and Serial networks. Nearly all the control actions are automatically performed by the remote terminal units (RTUs) or by the programmable logic controllers (PLCs). Data acquisition starting at the PLC or RTU level which includes the equipment status report and meter readings.
- The Telecom Engineer is due to of formatting Data in such a way that the operator of the Control Room can take the supervisory decisions to override or adjust normal PLC (RTU) controls by using the HMI (Human Machine Interface) that is an apparatus which gives to the operating personnel the processed data in the form of graphical or mimic diagrams (as a matter of fact the Plant operators use HMI to control processes).
- Telecom Engineer is due to mostly implement the distributed Databases, containing data elements called points or tags, where a point is a single output or input value controlled or monitored by the System. He must evaluate the ‘soft ‘ and ‘Hard’ Points, where the actual output or input of a system is represented by a hard point, whereas the soft point is a result of different math and logic operations applied to other points.
- The Telecom Engineer is due to perform and document process instrumentation verification and calibration, mount and wire PLC components and motor control panels, make analysis of troubleshoot, repair, report and recommend / perform service of SCADA, PLC, instrumentation, motor controls and process Analyzers.
- The Telecom Engineer is a primary contact to assigned Clients and report their needs, concerns or requests to the Project Mgr. He will mobilize to site to perform radio site surveys and analysis, supervise the construction of instrumentation and control systems. He will update Drwgs. to reflect As-built conditions, run and assemble coaxial, Ethernet and serial cables, perform I/O loop testing, wire tracing and identification, measure voltage, resistance and current of electrical circuits. He represents the Contractor at Project FEED, Pdesign and construction meetings.
- Min 10 years relevant and similar capacity in Leader SCADA System & Telecom preferably in Engineering Construction Oil and Gas EPC industry.
- Knowledge of English is mandatory
Requires proficiency proficiency in Accol Workbench Open BSI, Modbus, BSAP, OPC, SQL Server, TCP-IP, Microsoft Access and Office. Proficiency in Clear SCADA and Control Wave Designer preferred. An understanding of gas distribution system operations and telecommunications such as serial,
Ethernet and wireless preferred.
Contract Duration: Permanent
Working Hours: 10 hours a day x 6 days a week