Profile Middle East is a service provider with more than 20 years of experience in the market which specializes in Technical Field and HR Consultancy Services in the Industrial Sector (Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning) with our focus on the Middle East region and a worldwide presence.
We are currently selecting for MAINTENANCE CHIEF ENGINEER
Ref code: CR_2303-100_Maintenance Chief Engineer
- Hold complete responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the engine room and any maintenance of machinery on ship powered by main propulsion machinery of 3.000 kW propulsion power or more;
- As key member of the on board crew, ensure the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of vessel equipment and machinery in accordance with the International Conventions, Codes, Flag State Regulations, Class Rules, local laws & regulations, and company Requirement;
- Whenever required, act as MS (Maintenance Supervisor) as defined in IMO resolution A. 1079 (28);
- Whenever required, act as IHM Designated Person;
- As part of the vessel management, ensure the best performance of the vessel and its crew to achieve the projects requirements.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years in Oil & Gas Offshore/FPSO projects;
- 5+ years as Second Engineer on offshore activity;
- STCW III/2 – IV/2 required certificates, National CoC Reg. 111/2 and endorsement;
- Completion of all training and certifications as described in the Training Matrix;
- MOU stability course (where applicable);
- Mechanical Engineering.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Report to the Master, hold a complete responsibility for the safe maintenance and operation of the engine room and any other machinery onboard the vessel, ensure that the crew and all technical staff is trained and aware of Company requirements, latest industry codes, class, flag state and standards;
- Ensure all workspace technical and maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with Company policies and Vessel Management System; propose to the Master to review the operation manual depending on the changes to the equipment or standard operating procedures and reports to the Master unsafe acts/conditions and other issues with implications for safe operation, marine environment and navigability, in compliance with HSES procedures;
- Determine the volume of oil, fuel and lube required for each voyage, ensuring that efficient and timely ordering of adequate resources and spares has been done; maintain Oil Record Book and Engine Log Book up to date;
- Maintain written instructions to all watch-keeping engineers, monthly technical report, records of periodical and emergency maintenances performed, vessel technical library and equipment user manual; ensure permit to work system and relevant isolation procedures are understood and observed by all technical staff;
- Work closely to the Master, deliver general daily operation of the engine room to their primary assistant, communicate work status at end of the shift and issue the handover report;
- Store Management: monitor the stock value trend; it will be important to ensure the availability of those spare parts required for the maintenance of the critical equipment in order to avoid any disruption of the vessel’s operation while keeping also a responsible approach in term of stock value;
- Support the Master with reference to Marine QMS Technical Matters/Documents connected with this Specific Discipline, in line with ISO Standards, Quality Policies, Clients requirements (as applicable), Corporate/Third Party Requirements;
- Ensure correct Equipment/Materials Procurement process, including delivered goods conformity to established requirements;
- Ensure correct NCR Management within specific Discipline;
- Ensure correct MOC system implementation within specific discipline;
- Feed Lessons Learned System as applicable;
- Be responsible for Measuring Instruments/Equipment Calibration Management, including Logs surveillance, updating and Traceability to Instrument/Equipment;
- Be responsible for Engines Area related Corporate/Client/Third Party Reporting applicable;
- Support ASSET PMT with defining Engine Room/Equipment related Maintenance SOW;
- Issue working/maintenance instructions for vessel equipment to maintenance and engine room crew, request assistance from Company as necessary;
- Assign special duties to the crew and issue standing orders to watch-keeping engine room personnel;
- Take actions to avoid pollution to the marine environment.
1st phase in UAE
Location: Dubai Drydocks (UAE);
Contract duration: 6 weeks;
Starting date: ASAP;
Working schedule: 10 hours x 6 days;
Salary range: N/A.
2nd phase in IVORY COAST
Location: Ivory Coast, Offshore Platform;
Contract duration: 6 months (extendable);
Starting date: May 2023;
Working schedule: 12 hours x 7 days;
Salary range: N/A.
Profile Middle East is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, or any other basis covered under applicable law.