– Responsible for oversight of the detailed structural design carried out by the EPC Contractor with respect to his/her discipline.
– Responsible for interpreting all technical specifications and overseeing detailed design of all jackets, decks, bridges, and living quarters.
– Analyze, review, advise, and make recommendations on any variety of structural engineering issues which could ultimately affect the design, operation, safety, and/or regulatory compliance of structures.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Ensure the overall structural design philosophy is appropriately accounted for in the work tasks defined by the EPC Contractor.
– Ensure that the EPC Contractor per the schedule provides all structural engineering deliverables.
– Ensure understanding of, and compliance with, the structural specifications. In cases where specifications must be modified, or have deviations granted, evaluate the potential impacts and make appropriate recommendations to the Structural Lead for approval.
– Monitor progress of structural engineering work performed by the EPC Contractor, ensure compliance with project execution plan, and initiate appropriate corrective actions when work falls behind schedule. Make sure that Structural Lead is aware of concerns & issues, and participates in decisions on corrective actions to be taken.
– Evaluate the structural impact of any proposed change in accordance with the Design Change Request (DCR) process. Make appropriate recommendations to the structural lead for approval.
– Resolve structural engineering interfaces with other discipline areas, such as process, mechanical, electrical & instrumentation, etc. Additionally, identify any interfaces which arise with closely related functional areas such as fabrication, loadout, transportation, offshore installation, and hook-up & commissioning. Resolve issues where possible, and highlight to structural lead if issues need addressing on a broader front.
– Assist in completing all detailed design work on the schedule set forth by the project team, and in accordance with the project specifications and project functional requirements.
– Ensure that structural as-built drawings and other documentation are completed in accordance with the project specifications & requirements.
Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
Working Schedule: 10 hours a day x 6 days a week
Starting Date: ASAP