Profile Middle East is a service provider with more than 20 years of experience in the market which specializes in Technical Field and HR Consultancy Services in the Industrial Sector (Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning) with our focus on the Middle East region and a worldwide presence.
We are currently selecting for MATERIAL & CORROSION ENGINEER
Ref code: CR_2308-100_Material & Corrosion Engineer
Responsible for developing work processes and tools to effectively monitor, manage, and improve the corrosion control program.
- Conducting corrosion analysis, studies, and surveys on pipeline and structure to determine corrosion behavior;
- Developing routine and intelligence pigging programs and monitoring outcome of such programmes;
- Reviewing inspection reports for pipelines, structures, and facilities to determine the cause of corrosion;
- Providing technical advice on implementation of corrosion control measures. Following up to the implementation phase;
- Providing material selection/analysis services to determine type of material to be used and determining cause of failure;
- Evaluating the adequacy/effectiveness of corrosion control systems on pipeline and structure;
- Carrying out studies/analysis on the effect of corrosion due to changes in operations mode;
- Providing technical assessment on corrosion behaviour considering the adequacy of chemicals, metallurgy and protection measures;
- Evaluating intelligent pigging survey results, corrosion and related matters covering corrosion studies related to cathodic protection, intelligent pigging, treatment, prevention, monitoring, and analysis;
- Providing advice on material selection, chemical treatment/analysis on corrosion;
- Setting up data for the corrosion management system for all subsea plant equipment/facilities;
- Providing technical assistance to prepare all corrosion related procedures;
- Carrying out prequalification of corrosion contractors/consultants for inclusion in company’s bidders list;
- Evaluating facilities integrity and determine their remaining life based on prediction model.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials & Science Engineering;
- 10+ years of experience in a similar position in EPC company;
- Microsoft office, expert in knowledge of technical design software tools (ECE and predict) is a must;
- Knowledge of upstream offshore industry, knowledge of the corrosion, knowledge of the corrosion monitoring and material selection activities and related deliverables;
- Knowledge of RBI Activities, previous exposure to all international related standards (NACE,ASME,API ISO,DNV Norsok);
- Proven experience in Offshore EPC Projects;
- Updated knowledge for latest industry technologies related to anticorrosion.
- Any previous experience related to Welding, Cathodic Projection and Painting is considered an added value and advantage for the candidate
- Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE;
- Contract Duration: Long Term;
- Working schedule: 9 hours x 5 days;
- Starting date: September 2023
Profile Middle East is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, or any other basis covered under applicable law