– Has minimum of 10 years of experience in detailed design activities.
– Fully aware of oil & gas plant related design documentation and drawings, which may include: 3D model, plot plan, P&IDs, PFDs, SLDs, F&G layout, data sheets, vendor manuals, procedures, etc.
– Familiar with mechanical handling related software (e.g. Autocad, Navisworks, SmartPlant) and MS Office.
– Possesses interpersonal and communication skills.
– Job includes plant maintainability and accessibility analysis, mechanical handling assessment and attending specific project design reviews.
– Scope of the work involves activities ranging from providing plant layout design solutions to ensure equipment maintainability and evaluating the detailed design of components subject to maintenance.
– Mechanical Handling Engineer (MHE) is to make sure that the project detailed design is safe and sound from an operation and maintenance point of view, complies with the international standards and meet the requirements arising from contract and technical specification therein referred to.
– In performing his job, the MHE is liaising with client representatives, suppliers and project team.
MHE regularly reports to the lead maintenance engineer the status of the mechanical handling assessment, highlighting areas of concern.
Typical Work Activities
– Supporting plant design and layout of the facilities to make sure the accessibility and maintainability requirements are properly addressed,
– Identifying the maintenance scenarios for each equipment/item subject to maintenance in order to select the most suitable handling procedure,
– To make sure the expected maintenance tasks can be accomplished by identifying maintainable equipment and location, access area at ground and elevated level, required mobile and fixed equipment, staging and laydown area and required special tools,
– To support and check reliability, availability and maintainability output as far as mean time to repair is concerned,
– To develop lifting and staging methods for the more complicated jobs, involving heavy lifting,
– Gathering required documentation from project team and vendors.
Deliverable to start from
– HFE, HSE & regulatory requirements,
– Company standard requirements,
– Overall and unit plot plans,
– 3D models,
– Project equipment list,
– Expected equipment maintenance requirements,
– Process and mechanical isolation philosophy,
– Vendor drawings and requirements.
Activity to Perform
– Collecting and monitoring the latest technical documentation regarding the maintainability and mechanical handling of each equipment/item subject to maintenance,
– Reviewing equipment GADs, related project specifications, plot plans, project 3D model and those coming from vendors,
– Identifying the maintenance scenarios for each equipment subject to maintenance to select the most suitable handling procedure,
– Identification and sizing the required space for mechanical handling (e.g. tube bundle extraction areas, envelopes for removing components, areas for replacing filter elements),
– Transport and removal route identification,
– Reservation of space to perform maintenance works (e.g. lubrication, PST, mechanical/dry gas seal replacement, NDT execution),
– Fixed and mobile handling/lifting equipment selection, sizing and listing according to the mechanical handling requirements,
– Staging and laydown area identification and sizing,
– Plot plan design review workshop attendance and follow-up (related open tags closing),
– 3D model design review workshop attendance and follow-up (related open tags closing),
– Preparation of required documentation to attend meetings with Company, project team or vendors with regards to the mechanical handling.
– Mechanical handling philosophy,
– Maintainability and accessibility checklist,
– Mechanical handling drawings,
– List of selected lifting/handling equipment,
– Mechanical handling spreadsheet,
– Mechanical handling study report.
Location: Work from Home (Time Zone GMT+1)
Contract: 1 year (extendable)
Working schedule: 8 hours per day, 5 days per week
Expected joining Date: ASAP