– Responsible by physical inspection of all piping / mechanical installations, ensuring that all Contractor personnel and workmanship is completed in accordance with approved designs, international codes, standards and procedures.
– Responsible for providing guidance to contractor and witness all piping / mechanical testing and commissioning activities.
– Responsible for generating accurate, clear and concise inspection/QA/QC reports.
– Responsible for the identification of positive or negative progress including non-conformances and feedback to QA /QC Team Leader,
– Construction Site manager or construction supervisor.
– Responsible for coordinating with the various contractors to ensure that the approved Health & Safety / QA/QC procedures and the Quality Plan are implemented during inspection activities.
– Provide input to near miss and incident reporting system.
– Provide input to company progress reporting systems as required.
– Responsible for supervising the contractor in the compilation of the handover and test packs together with all as-built documentation.
– Determine if work meets the acceptance criteria.
– Raise corrective actions.
– Assist engineering in regards to material selection.
– Review and approve or disapprove method statements and inspection & test plans submitted by vendors and construction contractors.
– Interview prospective candidates for employment as contractor’s quality control inspectors.
– Make recommendations to Quality Team Leader for the employment or termination of quality control inspectors.
– Issue nonconformance reports to vendors, construction contractors and Occidental of Oman personnel while performance of quality control inspections or quality audits.
– Perform quality control assessments of fabrication works at vendor’s premises or construction sites.
– Make recommendations and inform all parties of the quality requirements at construction meetings and kick-off meetings.
– Determine if the adequacy and competence of Contractor Quality organizations are suitable to achieve the project objectives.
– Report directly to upper management any detrimental quality trends and advise Quality Team Leader and field based Construction Supervisor and Contractor of concerns.
Duration: 12 months
Schedule: 10 hours a day x 6 days a week
Joining Date: August 2021