Profile Middle East is a service provider with more than 20 years of experience in the market which specializes in Technical Field and HR Consultancy Services in the Industrial Sector (Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning) with our focus on the Middle East region and a worldwide presence.
We are currently selecting for PIPING & LAYOUT ENGINEER
Ref code: CR_2302-100_Piping & Layout Engineer
• Responsible for the layout of overall plant facilities, the placement of equipment and process units in the plot plan and the connected piping design as per the applicable regulations and standards to ensure safe operation of the facilities for the design life.
Education and Experience
• 12+ years in Oil & Gas, Offshore Fixed Facility projects;
• Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
In case of tender:
• Analyzes the technical documents (specifications, calculation notes, drawings, etc.) in order to assess the scope of the studies required and the potential risks;
• Seeks as far as possible solutions which can bring overall savings to the project;
• Estimates quantities or validates estimation done by another specialist of the team;
• Checks all produced documents (internal or subcontracted) like design reports, technical specifications, drawings under his responsibility.
In case of project execution:
• Ensures the achievement of assigned goals and the fulfilment of the project quality requirements and the contractual obligations.
• Analyze the project technical documents in order to validate consistency between the budget, resources and means allocated for the work completion and the targets to be met;
• Writes the Piping and Layout methodologies / Design Premises comprehensive of all necessary data, general and specific design guidelines (the technical roadmap for the discipline engineering activities).
• Attends to internal review activities and inter-discipline check meetings;
• Provides technical support to Project group;
• Provides technical support to Procurement, Subcontracting and Construction activities included in the scope of work;
• Informs on a permanent basis the Project Piping and Layout leader of any foreseen technical or financial or delay risk;
• Feeds the Piping and Layout Department improvement system by reverting the lessons learned during the project.
• Coordinates and oversees the outsourcing of design and drafting tasks to external engineering services.
Location: Doha, Qatar;
Contract duration: 1 year (extendable);
Starting date: ASAP
Working schedule: 5 days x 9 hours;
Salary range: N/A
Profile Middle East is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, or any other basis covered under applicable law.