Profile Middle East is a service provider with more than 20 years of experience in the market which specializes in Technical Field and HR Consultancy Services in the Industrial Sector (Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning) with our focus on the Middle East region and a worldwide presence.
We are currently selecting for PIPING MATERIAL ENGINEER
Ref code: CR_ 2305-100_Piping Material Engineer
- Ensuring the good design of the material of the piping network both at technical and cost level;
- Issuing technical part of inquiries, bid analysis and order for piping components;
- Interfacing with other Piping specialists, project specialists and designers;
- Referring to project piping and layout lead and to head of piping material section.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- 8+ years of experience in Piping Material Engineering;
- Relevant experience in Material Requisition & Technical Bid Evaluation;
- Offshore Oil & Gas experience is preferred;
- Experience with QATARGAS or SAUDI ARAMCO specifications is added advantage.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The Engineer executes the activities within his area of responsibility, ensuring the compliance with the QA/QC and HSE requirements.
Development Technology know how and Commercial support.
Bidding phase / Commercial proposal development:
- Selecting critical material;
- Estimating cost.
- Being responsible for the quality, respect of budget and respect of project schedule for piping material tasks;
- Reviewing the Client technical documentation and requirements;
- Being responsible for the design of all piping components;
- Issuing project piping material specification and piping components data sheets;
- Performing wall thickness calculations of pipes;
- Issuing technical specification for requisition of all piping components;
- Issuing technical bid evaluation for piping components offers;
- Reviewing and approving vendors documents;
- Maintaining project technical files and update Company standards;
- Performing the inter-disciplines checking for the part of documents in accordance with the scope of piping material section;
- Checking documents issued by piping material engineers;
- Checking the issued MTO validated by lead;
- Being responsible for the establishment of the PMMS (Piping Material Management System) data base;
- Assisting inspection department;
- Preparing mechanical valve specification for body of motorized valves;
- Informing on a permanent basis the Project Piping and Layout leader of any foreseen technical or financial or delay risk;
- Issuing the part of the REX in accordance with the scope of piping material section after contract completion;
- Evaluating Piping Material cost.
Construction and start up:
- Providing technical support;
- Assisting, when necessary, engineering adjustment on site.
Home office activities (master):
- Validating cost estimate;
- Projects coordination: providing input to discipline leads ad material engineer to harmonize design and methodologies;
- Providing support to projects and procurements to solve non standards and standard problems;
- Defining the modification of department work flow and dept technical standards;
- Participating to the modification of company work flow and technical standardization;
- Collecting project feed backs for continuous improvement implementation (Lesson Learned);
- Participating to vendor and outsourcing qualification;
- Participating to project/company procurement strategy (Purchasing team);
- Developing and scouting tools for simplified design activities;
- Planning, controlling and managing outsourcing engineering center.
Location: Kuala Lumpur office, Malaysia;
Contract duration: 3 months (extendable);
Starting date: ASAP;
Working schedule: 8 hours x 5 days;
Salary range: N/A.
Profile Middle East is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, or any other basis covered under applicable law.