Profile Middle East is a service provider with more than 20 years of experience in the market which specializes in Technical Field and HR Consultancy Services in the Industrial Sector (Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning) with our focus on the Middle East region and a worldwide presence.
We are currently selecting for PROCUREMENT ENGINEER
Ref code: CR_2208-122_ PROCUREMENT ENGINEER
The PROCUREMENT ENGINEER we are currently looking for must have a very good understanding of the client procurement system. His/ her main role is to establish and look after contractual requirements and project specifications and pro-actively drive the entire process from the client side. He/ she should demonstrate the ability in driving the entire procurement process by being a key point in addressing and resolving all issues related to procurement and materials management. We are selecting for more than one role and several degrees of seniority.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering. An accredited professional management qualification in Business Administration would be an advantage
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in project procurement management in high-value Oil and Gas Projects
- A professional certification in purchasing/ supply management from internationally recognized Associations/ Institutions will be considered as an added value
- To demonstrate good ability in supervising/ assessing material management/ procurement functions of contractors
- To ensure attainment of project objectives within the time scales
- Understand various aspects of project management responsibilities and ensure that client contractual requirements are taken care of by the contractors
- Effective communications skills at all business levels to maintain a professional relationship between client, PMC and contractors.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Responsible for establishing and having overall control over comprehensive Vendor Document Register (VDR)
- Responsible for establishing and controlling Materials Control Register from contractors
- Regularization of design change authorizations and coordination/ communications related to it
- Ensure an efficient competency of procurement-related procedures and updating the same in line with changing policies
- Control and track all purchases
- Conduct promptly and timely follow-ups with the Contractor procurement team, held weekly meetings and updates to the entire PMC and PMT on the updated procurement status of all items
- Attending all purchase flaws swiftly and taking necessary actions at the appropriate time
- Liaising with other disciplines within PMT, PMC and Contractor staff to ensure the procurements are being done as per the project requirements within the time limits
- Update and convey procurement-related information to team members of both PMT and PMC
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Contract duration: Permanent
Starting date: ASAP
Working schedule: 8 hrs/ 5 days
Salary range: NA
Profile Middle East is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, or any other basis covered under applicable law.