Duties and Responsibilities
– Executing the instructions of the Production Supervisor.
– Completing the task within the scheduled time.
– Having control over the operators and production assistants.
– Rotating the working shift of the production team as per the instructions from the superior.
– Monitoring and inspecting the daily production on the line from start to stop.
– Making process parameter sheets and other production related documents.
– Ensure that workers are wearing proper PPE before starting their work.
– Ensure waste segregation & disposal at specified areas.
– Monitor the quality of production process
– Follow safety & environmental rules, company policies & procedures in carrying out duties.
– Give instructions accurately.
– Set the right number of personnel in a team.
– Prioritize orders to be produced.
– Suggest and obtain the best blend of raw material mix.
– Instruct parameter to be set when required.
– Provide Tool Box Talks to his team.
– Verify the effectiveness of Tool Box Talks done by the Charge-hand, Operators etc.
– Follow safe operational practices.
– Lead execution of production as scheduled and as required.
– Watch out for non-conformities (product, process, environmental or OH&S)
– Ensure thorough machine operational and sufficient maintenance knowledge.
– Trouble shoot and assist in maintenance activities.
– Impart training to the team with regard to product, process, environment, safety and inspection of tools, tooling, belts, tackles etc.
– Verify if the Charge-hand and Operators have inspected the tools, tooling, belts, tackles etc.
– Supervise the activities of the charge-hand and the team.
– Ensure adequate identification and traceability in the plant.
– Should report the presence and absence of any employee in his Production Team to the Superior.
– To update and keep track of man-hours for charge in hand, Operators, asst. operators and production assistant.
– Control over in line process.
– Say no to unsafe practices and to work without adequate PPE.
– Call off production in case of irregularities in operation.
– Enforce adequate PPE to the team.
– Refuse a personnel from being a team member if he is not using appropriate PPE or for disciplinary issues where his negligence can lead to deviation from safe operational practices.
– Take necessary actions to improve Tool Box Talks done by the Charge in hand and Operators if it is not found effective.
– Verify inspections done by and charge-hand and operators.
– Discard obsolete and inappropriate tools, tooling, belts, tackles, etc and insist on new ones.
– Accountable for production loss & delay
– Accountable for improper stacking of materials and documentation
– Accountable for wastage of materials
– Accountable for environmental, health & safety violations
– Ensuring knowledge and practice of Safe Operational Method
– Ensuring knowledge of Parameters and information of MSDS to prevent environmental pollution
– Minimizing of Raw Material Wastage
– Ensuring Job Completion within Stated Timelines
– Ensuring availability of adequate resources
– Ensuring Product Conformity
– Ensure adequacy of training to be imparted
– Ensuring Personal Safety
– Ensuring usage of appropriate PPE
– Ensuring subordinates safety
– Ensuring Operational Safety
– Ensuring Appropriate and safe tools, tooling, belts, tackles etc is used by the team
– Reporting of any incidents to the QHSE Officer
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Duration: 6 months
Schedule: 6 days a week / 10 hrs a day