Duties and Responsibilities
– To advice and to assist his Supervisor in his main functions.
– To identify actions needed to improve personnel risk awareness, discipline, communication and reporting/feedback attitude and, in general, personnel safety and environmental behaviour.
– To identify and advice his Supervisor on HSE training requirements for both company and contractor’s personnel.
– To ensure that the HSE training is properly carried out.
– To collaborate with the Environmental specialist in order to schedule functional inspections and to monitor the reliability and efficiency of the site protection measures in case of accidental H2S leak or air pollution: H2S and SO2 detection, alarm, emergency and monitoring equipment, the personnel protective equipment, the availability of telecommunication facilities, the evacuation instruction and procedures, the escape means.
– To ensure proper and comprehensive on site reporting of accidents, anomalies and degraded situations.
– To identify pertinent corrective action and to monitor their implementation.
– To carry out studies to identify, assess and mitigate HSE risk.
– To ensure that the accident “cause tree analysis” is carried out.
– To lead or to participate in the investigation of major accidents.
– To ensure that the emergency response systems perform efficiently and are regularly tested
To prepare the purchase order of the needed equipment.
– To schedule the safety inspections.
– To ensure that HSE supervision level is adequate and to identify possible improvements.
Location: Abu Dhabi (UAE)
Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Working Hours: 9 hours per day/5 days per week
Starting Date: ASAP