Education qualification: Marine Engineering or equivalent
Duration: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain the ISPS Port Facility Management System, as per by the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the ISPS Code, establish appropriate safeguards to reduce risk within port facility operations.
- Provide support for the maintenance of the Port Facility Safety/ Security System in order to comply with the ISPS and IMO Regulations
- Carry out the internal audit activity required by ISPS.
- Ensure ISPS Internal Audits and CAR/PAR Management are carried out in compliance with the respective regulations.
- Ensure the compliance with applicable maritime/international regulations and ISPS Code.
- Ensure the proper ISPS Certification of the Port Facilities.
- Ensure the coordination with the other functions.
- Ensure the planning of activities including budgeting, audit planning, ISPS certifications.
- Liase with the Institutional Bodies (e.g. RSO, Port Authority, Contracting Government etc.)
- Ensure an appropriate level of resource training.
- Establish measures and procedures to govern an effective management system implementation, by maintaining the maritime safety and security document system.
- Measure, analyze and review the security management system.
- Provide the assistance to Port Facility Security Officer during the Third Part verification.
- Carry out the assigned Port Facility Internal audit activities and key business processes within the organization according to the yearly plan.
- Verify the effectiveness of taken corrective actions (Effectiveness Assessment).
- Plan and carry out assigned responsibilities objectively, effectively and efficiently within the audit scope and in accordance with a ISPS code.
- Establish the extent to which procedures, documents and other information describing or supporting the required elements of the security system are known, available, understood and used by the Port Facility Security Officer’s and security personnel.
- Prepare the report of the ISPS Internal audit.
- Identify and implement controls necessary for ensuring Port Facility Safety and Security System.
- Ensure that certification services area carried out by those who have knowledge and competence of Auditors.
- Check associated procedures of the Port Facility Safety and Security System and review security-related procedures during the ISPS Code certification process.