Qualification: Engineering Degree
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in structural / architectural design, working within an engineering office environment, with a special focus on Modular Buildings / E-House.
- Experience of multi discipline projects within the Oil and Gas contracting industry is essential and construction site work a benefit. Must have a good knowledge of engineering / construction procedures, especially ADNOC /ADCO procedures / specifications and interfaces between all disciplines.
- Proficient in design software packages like STAAD Pro., SACS and AUTO CAD.
- Experience in Basic and Detailed Engineering design for modular construction projects.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- The ability to successfully collaborate within a multi-cultural environment. The candidate will be able to work with flexibility, while maintaining high standards and quality work
- Strong experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Good knowledge of the engineering process.
- Solid knowledge of structural and architectural elements of the projects.
- Detailed knowledge of AISC / BS EN / IBC design requirements and practice for steel construction.
- Good knowledge of AWS D1.1 requirements for structural welding.
- Strong knowledge of Construction Quality requirements and inspection methods as they relate to implementation of a design.
- Good knowledge of construction methods/requirements for fire rating insulation and coating systems used on major Oil & Gas industry projects.
- Good understanding of HVAC systems, both split and package type.
- Experience in 3D modeling is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
- Strong communication skills and good attitude
Functional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of basic and details structural / architectural basic and details engineering / drawings.
- Ability to successfully collaborate within a multi-cultural environment.
- Able to work with flexibility, while maintaining high standards and quality work.
- Able to work independently while maintaining close contact at all times with his/her immediate supervisor.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in the use of drafting software and specialist /standard software.
- To identify areas of concern and subsequent recovery action.
- Meets with customer / subcontractors when required to discuss engineering related concerns / issues.