Duties and Responsibilities
– Supervise the operations of the Plant during the shift and ensure that all activities are in accordance with the Safety, Occupational Health, and Environmental Conservation and Security regulations.
– Contribute to the timely delivery of the Plant products and operations as per the quality and quantity standards specified by Scheduling Division.
– Manage and ensure Emergency Response preparedness during the shift and lead immediate actions response to deal with upset or unstable operational conditions in coordination with all involved personnel, including the respective Shift Supervisor, the Fire Shift Supervisor, the Security Shift Supervisor and the medical support, if needed.
– Launch the Emergency Response in case of large event and request external support if needed. Submit regular reports to the Plant Management along with factual description of the Refinery accidents/ incidents.
– Coordinate and ensure the effective stabilization of the Plant operational conditions during upsets or transitory phases when more than one area is affected.
– Control and coordinate the activities across the Operations and Offsite areas to ensure the fulfilment of the Environmental regulations, such as flare, water quality, flue gas, waste, during outside the normal working hours.
– Carry on field inspections within all operations and offsite areas to promote proper housekeeping activities, identify and eliminate unsafe conditions, validate and check work permits and ensure correct disposal of waste.
– Work during weekends to lead the Daily Operations Meeting and ensure close coordination and communication channels with all Area Shift Supervisors and Offsite Supervisors to ensure the achievement of the Scheduling instructions.
– Handover the Emergency Response responsibility to the next post command / Incident commander.
– During outside the working hours, ensure and support the realization of risk analysis for any unusual operational or maintenance activities and authorize the hot work, if needed. Attend periodically group safety meetings.
– Authorize specific activities out of normal hours, such as the emergency supply of chemicals, and fill and transmit the Shift Superintendent report.
– Work on the request of the operations Manager, during normal working hours, and perform special studies, such as reliability studies.
– Assist the Manager Operations and Optimization on specific activities, such as incident analysis, specific working group, training activities and operations procedures.
Qualification & Experience
– Technical background / Engineering degree or similar
– Fluent written and spoken English
– Minimum 7 years experience in Urea/Ammonia/Fertilizer and/or oil and gas industry
– Knowledge of MS Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
– Able to demonstrate command and control techniques for onshore emergencies