Profile Middle East is a service provider with more than 20 years of experience in the market which specializes in Technical Field and HR Consultancy Services in the Industrial Sector (Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning) with our focus on the Middle East region and a worldwide presence.
We are currently selecting for WELDING COORDINATOR
Ref code: CC_ 2301_Welding Coordinator
• Coordinate and optimize the welding activities of the project through all its phases to reach the target quality, productivity and schedule;
• Coordinate, supervise and verify the job and deliverables of all the welding engineers assigned under own responsibility on a specific Project;
• Promote and monitor the professional Grow Up of Welding Engineers Skills.
Education and Experience
• Engineering or equivalent
• 12+ years in offshore Oil & Gas field;
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Coordinate activities within his area of responsibility, ensuring the compliance with the QA/QC and HSE requirements.
• Collect and analyse the technical welding specifications issued by the Oil/Gas Company and International Standards Bodies, etc. (EN, ASME, API, BS,);
• Issue technical queries, Deviation request or Bid Technical Qualifications;
• Prepare budget for engineering welding activities;
• Verify type and quantity of welding consumable s estimated by welding engineer;
• Verify the preliminary welding procedure specifications prepared by welding engineer;
• Plan the welding activities (WPQR, PTW, Welders Qualification Campaign);
• Maintain constant contact with project team and Client;
• Coordinate the Welding Procedure qualification;
• Issue mechanical test results for weld repair analysis;
• Liaise continuously with welding equipment/material suppliers regarding the latest developments in welding technologies;
• Program and implement procedure/welder certification activities;
• Assist the technical activities of welding Research and Development projects;
• Review journal and technical papers for new welding technology.
• Coordinate the job of all welding, material, NDT and anticorrosion engineers assigned to a specific Project;
• Issue the welding cycle time;
• Approve the final book inclusive of WPS and WPQR;
• Issue method of statement for ECA if applicable, liaising with deputed engineers;
• Monitor lay barge progress to identify any eventual problem in terms of welding and NDT;
• Prepare close out reports;
• Have knowledge of Coating Process;
• Have knowledge of methods for offshore pipeline installation (Laybarge pipeline deployment methods, Pipelay initiation method s, Tie-in methods, Pipelay contingency operations);
• Propose Frame agreements to cover project Materials and service requirements relevant to Welding;
• Assure a trend of improvement in the Quality of welding activities in the Fabrication Yards trough specific induction Meetings or Training courses;
• Assure that Corporate Welding KPI (Key Performance Indicator) are monitored.
Location: Doha, Qatar
Contract duration: 1 year (extendable)
Starting date: March 2023
Working schedule: 10 hours x 6 days
Salary range: N/A
Profile Middle East is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, or any other basis covered under applicable law.