Profile Middle East is a service provider with more than 20 years of experience in the market which specializes in Technical Field and HR Consultancy Services in the Industrial Sector (Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning) with our focus on the Middle East region and a worldwide presence.
We are currently selecting for both onshore and offshore: WELDING COORDINATOR
Ref code: CR_ 2207-100_ WELDING COORDINATOR
The Welding Coordinator will optimize and coordinate the welding activities of the project through all its phases to reach the target quality, productivity and schedule.
He/ she will organize, supervise and verify the job and the assignments of all the welding engineers assigned under his/ her team on a specific project while promoting and nursing their professional growth.
Furthermore, he/ she will look after the coordination of all the activities within his/ her own area of responsibility by ensuring full compliance with QA/ QC and HSE requirements.
Education and Experience
- At least: 10 years previous experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge of coating processes
- Knowledge of offshore pipeline installation methodologies such as: Laybarge pipeline deployment methods, Pipelay initiation methods, Tie-in methods, Pipelay contingency operations
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Collect and analyze the technical welding specifications issued by the Oil/ Gas Company and International Standards Bodies, etc. (EN, ASME, API, BS)
- Issue technical queries, deviation request or Bid Technical Qualifications
- Prepare budget for engineering welding activities
- Verify types and quantity of welding consumables estimated by the welding engineer
- Verify the preliminary welding procedure specifications prepared by the welding engineer
- Plan all welding activities (WPQR, PTW, Welders Qualification Campaign)
- Maintain persistent contact with both project team and clients
- Coordinate the Welding Procedure qualification
- Issue mechanical test results for weld repair analysis
- Continuously liaise with suppliers of welding equipment/ material to keep updated on the latest trends in welding technologies
- Program and implement procedure/ welder certification activities
- Assist the technical activities of welding research and development projects
- Review journal and technical papers to explore new welding technologies
- Coordinate the job of all welding engineers in charge of materials, NDT and anticorrosion assigned to a specific project
- Issue the welding cycle time
- Approve the final book inclusive of WPS and WPQR
- Issue methods of statement for ECA if applicable, liaising with assigned engineers
- Monitor lay barge progress to identify any problem or concern in terms of welding and NDT
- Prepare close out reports
- Propose Frame Agreements to cover project materials and service requirements relevant to Welding
- Enhance Quality of welding activities in the Fabrication Yards through specific Meetings or Training
- Ensure that Corporate KPI (Key Performance Indicator) are monitored
Location: UAE, Abu Dhabi (Site)
Contract duration: full time
Starting date: October 2022
Working schedule: 10hr/ 6 days or 12hr/ 7 days (depending on the project)
Salary range: NA
Profile Middle East is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, or any other basis covered under applicable law.