Profile Middle East is a service provider with more than 20 years of experience in the market which specializes in Technical Field and HR Consultancy Services in the Industrial Sector (Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning) with our focus on the Middle East region and a worldwide presence.
We are currently selecting for WELDING MANAGER
Ref code: CR_2208-122_ WELDING MANAGER
The WELDING MANAGER is responsible for the technical and administrative management of onsite and vendor welding activities to support production and new programs. He/ she will supervise the execution of all welding activities at the workshop site, both performed by subcontractors or in direct hiring, verifying that works are correctly carried out by project documentation and per the planned timeframe. He/ she will organize, manage and verify the job and the assignments of all the welding engineers assigned under his/ her team on a specific project while promoting and nursing their professional growth. Furthermore, he/ she will direct the team to ensure full compliance with QA/ QC and HSE requirements. The right person must possess mobility to work in a manufacturing environment, as well as a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in
- At least 15 years of proven experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in ONSHORE & OFFSHORE
- Must have the ability to lead and persuade others, and deploy new processes by effectively communicating ideas and concepts.
- Expertise in Welding/ NDT technology, welding processes (SMAW, SAW, GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW etc.), materials (Carbon steel, Low Alloy steels, Stainless steels, Duplex SS, 6Mo sheets of steel, Inconel 825, 625, corrosion resistant alloys, CRA) welding and fabrication methods in onshore oil and gas industry & pressure vessels tanks, piping industry.
- Proven track records of outstanding performance – such as an award for proving and delivering product process line (using Robot) for manufacturing plant and appreciations for well managed and completed oil & gas pipeline projects, Tank and spheres.
- Experienced in International Codes like AWS D 1.1, 1.2,1.3, 1.6, 1.8, ASME Sec – V, VIII, IX, API 650 & 620 API 1104, ANSI B31.3, ANSI B31.4, ANSI B31.8, NACE MR0175/ ISO 15156
- Sound technical knowledge of corrosion/ fracture/ fatigue/ creep/ embrittlement behavior of welded joints and materials used in the oil and gas industry
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Manage welding operations including coordination of welder activities, managing equipment, tooling, and supplies, ensuring compliance to requirements by identifying and leading continuous improvement efforts
- Manage and support weld activities including coordination of the workshop site and ensuring compliance with clients’ requirements
- Develop and qualify weld schedules as required
- Experienced in qualification/ review and approval of WPS/ PQR, selection of welding consumables, weldment failure analysis; welding-related problems diagnosis, and solutions.
- Manage and mentor assigned employees to improve performance
- Provide training to Welding Engineers, Supervisors, Inspector and welders in the Welding process and Quality related Areas
- Plan, identify, document, schedule, communicate, implement and monitor interfaces related to both the product and the project, to minimize conflicts between all parties involved
- Develop the interface strategy, interface management plan, interface management procedure and development of the supporting tools and systems
- Ensure the overall development, implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management system and quality procedures
- Lead the Material Requisition process (MR), Purchase Order (PO), Inspection Assignment Package (IAP), Quality procedures, Pre-Inspection meetings (PIM), Kick-off Meeting (KOM) and Inspection test plan (ITP)
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Contract duration: Permanent
Starting date: October 2022
Working schedule: 8hr/ 5 days
Salary range: NA
Profile Middle East is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, or any other basis covered under applicable law.