Profile Middle East is a service provider with more than 20 years of experience in the market which specializes in Technical Field and HR Consultancy Services in the Industrial Sector (Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning) with our focus on the Middle East region and a worldwide presence.
We are currently selecting for WELDING SUPERVISOR.
Ref code: CC_2305_Welding Supervisor
- Supervising the execution of welding activities, both performed by subcontractors or in direct hiring, verifying that works are correctly carried out in accordance with project documentation and in the planned time frame.
Education and Experience
- 12+ years in Petrochemical field, Polyethylene projects;
- CSWIP 3.2 certificate;
- Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Promoting safe works practices and environmental protection, ensuring that safety standards are respected;
- Ensuring the fulfilment of the project quality and contractual requirements;
- Assisting subcontractors or assigned direct hiring personnel for the correct interpretation of the applicable welding procedures, providing support in the solution of technical problems;
- Supervising the execution of welding activities, checking that machineries/tools are properly used and maintained;
- Preparing and coordinating detailed programs for the assigned activities;
- Coordinating the interfaces with prefabrication and erection activities;
- Coordinating human and technical resources assigned, indicating any needs or surplus;
- Verifying that works are correctly carried out in accordance with the project specifications, highlighting any engineering problems encountered;
- Measuring the progress of the works carried out;
- Providing quantitative data for producing weekly progress reports, monitoring the employed manpower;
- Organizing working area based on assigned welding activities to improve HSE and overall efficiency;
If the discipline Supervisor is also involved in the Punch list activities the following additional tasks need to be managed:
- Setting-up the proper tools for the management of the punch lists, producing adequate reports to monitor the status of the punch list points (open, closed, closure forecast dates);
- Planning all the activities related to punch lists management;
- Performing the walkthroughs;
- Ensuring that punch lists issued after walkthroughs are promptly notified and correctly drawn up and recorded;
- Ensuring the correct classification of the punch lists and identifying the owner for each point;
- Coordinating the assigned team, managing the interfaces with construction, engineering and commissioning team in order to close the punch lists;
- Negotiating with the Client the punch lists and their classifications, in accordance with contractual scope of work and project requirements;
- Ensuring that the corrective actions identified for punch lists points closure are carried out and notified to the Client, in order to obtain the close-out form signed;
- Archiving all the punch list reports, in order to keep correct traceability.
Location: Ruwais, UAE;
Contract duration: 1 year;
Starting date: June 2023;
Working schedule: 10 hours x 6 days;
Salary range: N/A.
Profile Middle East is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, or any other basis covered under applicable law.